Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Poem

Yes, believe it or not, I do write poetry. And in my disbelief, people actually like them! I have this series of poems on fanfiction.net which are called, "Narnia Character Poems." In that series of poems I explore the spiritual journeys of characters through the movie-verse perspective. (Someone needs to redeem the movie-verse in some way or another. And because it was the movies who first pulled me to Narnia I thought, why not me?) And if they represent something (such as Aslan=God, Jesus) then I tend to explore that as well. Anyway, people actually like them! Which boggles me to be honest, cause I don't think I'm all that great of a poet. I also have various poems on the Bible section of fanfiction.net too.

For those of you who are following my blog or are reading this, consider yourselves lucky. You are getting a glimpse of a poem written by me that is nowhere else on the internet. That's right, nowhere. It's not even on my fictionpress account (which I don't even use to be honest, don't know why I have it.) It's not even on thelionscall.com either. That's right, it's here and here only.

Ok, I'll stop rambling and let you read.

Sometimes life seems so unfair
In the times when you can't bear
All the pain and misery flare
And you can't escape the monster's lair.

Nothing seems so great and bright
You feel that there's no one in sight
You question how you will win this fight
But I'm telling you now you better hold tight.

For I see in the distance someone,
A man who came and paid a ton
To rescue you from being shunned
And He has already won.

So come now wipe those tears away
For no one's life is too high to pay
So listen to what Jesus has to say
Let Him mold you like clay

This is the reason why
You no longer have to cry
I'm not telling you lies
So come and don't be shy.

Believe with all your soul
You're coming out of that hole
For the Lamb has paid the toll
Watch the happiness unfold.

You no longer have to weep,
You can now finally sleep,
Don't worry about the leap
You are now one of the sheep.

The wolf ran beyond,
So sing a song,
All that was wrong
It is now gone.


Admittedly, it's not one of my best pieces. I wrote it in like five minutes and wasn't going to share it, but I felt the need to post it for some odd reason. I hope it was ok despite how awful it was, trust me though, my poetry is usually better. Don't believe me? Take a look. You can some of my poems on fanfiction.net and on the lionscall.com.

Admittedly I was a bit lazy for this post. I promise I'll post a better one soon though, when I'm not feeling so lazy.

3 comments:

  1. Thats a very beautiful poem!!!!! I love it . I especially love the line "For the Lamb has paid the toll
    Watch the happiness unfold." Beautiful!
    ~
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this Wilf. The rhythm is a little uneven, but the rhyming is spot-on. You have a unique style - because most rhyming poetry makes use of rhyming couplets - you go one step further and make whole rhyming "quadlets"?

    I think this poem is extra special considering what you are going through at the moment and its truth is indisputable. I especially like your contrast between the lamb and the wolf in the last to stanzas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Writer. :) It's an amazing inspiration. Keep up the awesome, God glorifying work Writerbro <3

    ReplyDelete