Sunday, May 15, 2011

Current Reading 2

Hey everyone, gosh it feels like I haven't updated in a while. Things still aren't as good as home as I like, but I think I'm good enough to start posting on the blog again. So I figured I'd tell you what I've been currently reading.

As of now, I have just finished reading Star Wars: Truce at Bakura by Kathy Tyers. As the title suggests, it is a Star Wars novel. It follows the adventures of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Leia Organa shortly after the battle of Endor in Episode 6 Return of the Jedi.

In this book, the Rebel Alliance comes across a transmission from an Imperial Fleet. The Fleet is located near a planet called Bakura, a planet that was just succombed to Imperial Rule three years ago. The planet is under attack by some mysterious alien force that seeks to destroy all humanity called the Ssi-ruk. Realizing that this could be a key in order to get Bakura to join the Alliance, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, R2-D2, C-3PO, and a Rebel Fleet are sent to aid Bakura and perhaps discuss a treaty. Along the quest to save Bakura they meet some new characters, including a young woman who is Bakuran Senator named Gaeriel, whom Luke develops feelings for. Though the Imperials on Bakura aren't too thrilled with the Alliance, they admit they have no choice but to cooperate with the Alliance.

Meanwhile, a force-sensitive human boy named Dev Sibwarra struggles to keep his freedom of will onboard the Ssi-ruk ship. When he senses Luke Skywalker's presence through the Force, he tries everything in his power to warn him what the Ssi-ruk plan to do to humanity. But it's not easy, especially when you are being brainwashed every few days.

What did I think of it? Well, to be honest, it was kind of strange. One of the strangest books I've ever read to be even more honest. But the book overall was pretty good, especially the ending, which was very interesting. I would recommend it to any Star Wars fan, especially those who wonder what happened after the final episode.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Writer. :) And yes, the end was really good. This was the first Star Wars book I read because it came right after episode 6.

    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I've read this book as well, and it's probably the oddest Star Wars book I've ever read. Check out Kathy Tyer's other books. The Firebird trilogy is superb.

    By the way, I found your Galen/Juno story on Fanfiction.net (which I've been thoroughly enjoying) and clicked on your profile, where I saw the link to your blog. Pretty cool. The first book I ever reviewed on my blog was a Kathy Tyers book as well.

    I'll keep your family in my prayers.

    ~Eldra~

    ReplyDelete