Monday, May 2, 2011

Divorce

Do you know anyone who is divorced? A friend, a family member, perhaps even your own parents are divorced. Divorce is awful. It hurts very much. When one experiences divorce, it breaks the heart, causing it to fall into thousands upon thousands of pieces. So many pieces that it is difficult to put them together. And sometimes, not all of them are put together. Some are lost forever, never to return and complete the puzzle again.

Currently, I am experiencing the pain that occurs when one's parents divorce. It hurts terribly. Especially because of everything that has caused it. I would rather not talk about what, but I will say that there is a lot of hurt and betrayal rolling around in my family. My heart aches, both from the sadness and anger. I am constantly shedding tears and grieving. And when I'm not grieving, I'm thinking about it because I can't push the fact that my parents are getting a divorce out of my mind. Not even for a few split seconds can I forget about it. I suspect that I will never forget about it either. They will never be together again. Nothing can stop them now. They are going to get a divorce, whether I like it or not.

As you can tell, it hurts. Not only is it hurting me, but it is hurting my parents and my siblings. I can see the loss etched into their faces. Even though we try to wear masks that cover up our true feelings, we know each other so well that we can see beyond them. That's what stinks even more. Our family use to be very close. Now everything has fallen apart. And I feel helpless because I can't place the pieces back together. In some cases, despite the fact that I know it is not my fault, I can't help but think that is.

So I would like you all to know that as I am dealing with this pain, it may be a while before I post my next blog post. I will be busy distracting myself with other matters. Mostly writing, but maybe reading a book or something as well. Please, if you wouldn't mind, I would like you to keep me in your prayers. Not just me, but my siblings, my mother, and my father as well. This is difficult on all of us. And it will be for a long time to come I imagine.

Until the next post, I bid farewell.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, dear Writer I'm so very sorry. :( I have been praying for you and your family all day every day ever since you told me. I imagine how you must feel, then realize it must be ten times worse then that. God will make it better, I promise, and He does too! <3

    Your sister from another mother,
    Jill Veila

    (Autumn Elizabeth)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Writer. My cousins parents are divorced and I felt so helpless. I didn't like just sitting there and watching them hurt. All I could do was pray and that's what I did. My cousin and i are now very close because of it. I know it's hard but God always brings something good out of it. I've watched him do it several times. He will take care of you and when your feeling your lowest, just know that I'm praying.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your in mine!

    I feel so bad, my parents are happy and completely together, so I don't know how to sympathize!

    Just know that your in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in my Prayers! I am sooo sorry what happened!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry your going through this, i have an aunt and uncle who recently got a divorce and your right it hurt the whole family, and my parents came very close to one years ago, but we made it through and there still together. So there is hope, with God all things are possible! Always remember that :) i just wanted to let you know my thoughts and prayers go out to you <3

    p.s i know you probably dont know me lol but i'm autumn's friend :) just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and your family.
    Blessings
    Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *snugs Wilf* I don't know how much it hurts, but I do know how other sadness hurts and there must be similarities, so I can share that feeling with you.

    I wrote a poem for Stew a while back, when he was going through stuff we can only begin to imagine. I think the same applies to you.

    The Hardest Part
    (It's the post by me - of the poem entitled "The hardest part")

    ReplyDelete