Thursday, July 21, 2011

A List of Gratitude

Before I go on and talk about anything having to do with "The Fall of Narnia" I have decided to do something first. I would love to thank the following people for their support and for believing in me. Without them, I would not be as great an author as I am today. Some of them have helped a great deal with my "Fall of Narnia" piece, and others I thank because they have helped me develop my writing style.

I would like to thank the following four people who have been my constant editors since I started this fic. They are from thelionscall.com, and I would like to call them by the names they go by on the forum in order to keep their identities more of a secret. A couple of them actually follow this blog too.  My gratitude goes to Ajnos, the talking South African linguist, Eowyn of Narnia the Writing Contest Coordinator, Narnian Steward, and Lil Princess. These four have always been willing to set aside their valuable time in order to look over my chapters, and point out things I need to work on. If it weren't for them, my story would probably be very choppy and wouldn't make much sense.

I would also like to thank the other folks on the lionscall.com for listening to me going on and on about this fic. It's amazing that they haven't thrown virtual items at me out of annoyance. They're good people on there, and have "patience as saints" as an expression goes in my area. It's amazing to know such people on there. They have all supported me in my writing and in developing my relationship with God and in Christ. And who aren't afraid to talk about spiritual matters. May the Lion always keep you between his paws and may every step you take be with him.

I would like to give a special thanks to Elizabeth L.W. She is perhaps my biggest fan when it comes to this story, and she is the one who shows that there are actually people on the Internet, both inside and outside the lionscall, who care about it.

My thanks goes also to Jill Veila. You who have been of great help when I needed aid in blogging. May the Lion keep you in sight, my sister-from-another-mother. (We're not blood related, but we have so much in common it feels like we are.)

Also, I would like to thank my fanfiction Mormon friend BookObsesserNumberOne , and my fanfiction atheist friend Anya the Purple. The two of you have been such great influences when it comes to developing my writing ability. Along with my friends on the lionscall, you have helped with the development of my sentence structures. The two of you have been my partners in writing with our Chronicles of Narnia/His Dark Materials crossovers, and I would not trade that partnership for any other. And I pray that one day you will come to accept the Truth the same as I have.

My other thanks go to my 7th, 8th, and 9th grade English teachers. Mrs. W, for first getting me into poetry. Mrs. M for being willing to take her valuable time in order to look over my stories, especially because of all the essays that she had to read! And I would also like to pay special thanks to Miss T. For first getting me into Greek Mythology, and also first getting me into blogging. She have also served influentially in my writing style, teaching me to always put paragraph breaks whenever a different character is speaking and constantly badgering me about using coordinating conjunctions as the first words of sentences. Do not fear, I'm trying to train out of that.

I would also like to thank my French teacher, Mrs. H. She is the one who first got me into foreign language studying. And it's because of her that I am trying to learn linguistics. I'm looking forward to taking her French 2 class this upcoming school year.

I would love to thank my best friend, Brianne. Because she has often been the source of my inspiration in my writing, especially my poems. She has been there for me when things were dark. And I plan on doing the same for her should things get dark. And though we may be far, our friendship is only going to grow closer.

I would like to give much of my gratitude to my family. Though we may be broken apart, you have always played important roles in my life. Mom and Dad because they have always supported me. My bro- because even though he can be a pain in the butt at times, I wouldn't have any other brother in the world. And to my sister- the one with the fiery temper but the strong faith in the Aslan in our world. May you both continue to have such belief as you continue to grow and get to know more about the world.

Last, but never least, in fact the most important, I would like to thank God himself. For doing so much for me. He has served as my light when things grew dark. He has provided me life where other things would have given me death. And it's because of Him that I know that I have a purpose in this world. A purpose that is worth living. And it's because of Him that when I know my time comes, I will not have to fear the grave.

My deepest of gratitude goes to you all,

WriterFreak101

2 comments:

  1. Oh Gosh Writer, I really don't know what to say except that I'm flattered and a little astonished. But thank you for your kind words and please keep writing! :) God has got His hands so deep in your life that I'm excited to see what He's going to do with you next!
    Still Praying,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...It's a pleasure Wilf.

    *snugs*

    Ajjie >'.'<

    ReplyDelete