Friday, September 2, 2011

Recent Reading 7 & 8

Hey guys, guess what I have been reading for the past three days? Percy Jackson! Oh yes, I'm still a fan of this demigod. I just managed to finish reading the third book on the 31st of August, and finished the fourth book on the first of September.

And I decided to start calling these reviews my recent readings. Sort of makes more sense to me.


In this epic third installment of the Percy Jackson story, it's almost Christmas, and Percy, Annabeth and their friend Thalia (a daughter of Zeus) are summoned by Grover to a military school in order to save a couple of half-bloods who were just discovered. The mission turns into a quest to save Annabeth and the goddess Artemis from the clutches of a Titan god and searching for a creature that can bring death to the Olympians.

What did I think of it? To be honest, I think this one is actually my second favorite. My first favorite would probably be the first book, but I don't know, the last one is really catching my attention, we'll see about that. This one was cleverly written and very interesting. Fair warning though, the stakes are being raised higher in this book. So there's more violence in it than there was in the other two.




In the fourth edition of the Percy Jackson series, Percy finds himself thrown into his deadliest mission yet. It has just been discovered that the Labyrinth still exists, and Luke plans on using it in order to invade Camp Half-Blood. In order to prevent that from happening, Percy, Grover, Annabeth, and Tyson (Percy's Cyclops half-brother from Book 2) enter it in order to find Daedulus and convince him to give them Aridne's string, which can guide anyone out of the Labyrinth.
What did I think of it? To be honest, I think this one is my least favorite. Though there are lots of twists and turns, some of them just don't seem to make much sense to me. Though that could just be me. Overall, the book was pretty good and I did enjoy it. I'm going to warn you again though. The violence in this story is worst than any of the others so far. The stakes have definitely been raised. And you can sense that the greater war is coming in the next book.




Well, there you go.

God bless,

WriterFreak


No comments:

Post a Comment